AHHH…I’m so excited for this weekend.
(As a side note, DimplePrints is closing for the weekend so Carli and Mike can get some much needed R&R with their families– so be sure to get your orders in before shop closes tomorrow! )
I’ve been working hard all this week to get my July 4th projects done and so far I’m still on track to finish everything I wanted to! Want to see what I’ve been up to?
I used the traditional pie in a jar recipe that most have on their blogs, but I mixed it up a bit with one of my family’s easiest and most favorite desserts that we make.
Here’s how I made my pies:
1. Wash and dry jars.
2. Use store bought pie dough (or your own recipe) and use a 4″ round cookie cutter to cut out circles to firmly press into the bottom and sides of the jar. Use extra/leftover pie crust to push in empty areas and up the sides of the jar.
3. Fill with your favorite canned pie filling. I used cherry and apple fillings (separately).
4. This is where I go rouge 🙂 I take a white cake mix and spoon about 3 tablespoons of white cake mix on top of the filling. I then get a stick of salted butter and slice very a very thin slice of butter onto the top of the cake mix. Yes…dry white cake mix. You read that right.
5. Bake at 350 for about an hour (with lids off!!)–maybe more. Just keep an eye on how much your pies rise and what the crust on top is looking like. You may need to bake longer…just try one and see how it goes.
6. Let your pies cool then put the lids on and decorate with ribbon, labels, etc. You can also not bake your pies and freeze them for a later date too.
Red White and Blue Strawberry New York Cheesecake
My husband is a LOVER of cheesecake and we have a cookout to go to this Friday. So I decided to make my favorite cheesecake recipe, but spice it up with my own little touch at the end.
Here’s my favorite Emeril New York Style Cheesecake recipe. It is amazing and not too hard to make–so I’m not going to walk you through it all. I HIGHLY recommend if you need a good recipe.
So I made the cheesecake and then added my red, white, and blue chocolate strawberries to the top for a little patriotic flare!! What do you think!?!?
Last project…I promise
I started making my beach buckets for the kiddos for this weekend last night. And as I mentioned, I screwed them up beyond belief. So I headed back to Target today and got new ones. I taped them down and covered up everything I didn’t want sprayed and used my chalkboard spray paint to cover a box on the front of the bucket.
In the buckets I put: a beach towel, sparklers, pop-its, a mini flag, a glow stick, bubble wands, a water ball, a cup with straw and matching snack cup with pretzels in it, 4 juice boxes, and 3 bags of fruit snacks.
Now I have to make my flag cake and some other goodies tomorrow!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!