Hi DimplePrints readers, it’s Christine, Craft and Party Contributor, from The Real World: Wilmington.
I saw a version of this wreath when I was browsing around online and thought it was so adorable that I had to give it a try, and now I have to resist the urge to go out on my front porch to stare at it or repeatedly ask my 4-year-old, “Isn’t it pretty?!”. It’s beautiful and simple to make, a combo that I adore.
- Ribbon: I got some at the craft store and used some I already had, totaling between 5 and 6 rolls.
- Push pins: Found in the sewing section of the craft store
- Styrofoam wreath: There are multiple sizes at the craft store so I chose one I liked for my front door but you could also do a mini wreath and use it as decoration on a shelf or someplace else in your house.
- Conversation hearts: I found these at Hobby Lobby but the wreath will look just as sweet without them!
- Cut ribbon into 4.5 inch strips
- Form piece of ribbon into a loop
- Pin the loop to the wreath
- I used my thicker ribbons first then filled in with the thinner ones.
- I used up all of one kind of ribbon before starting another so that I could spread it out evenly all over the wreath before running out.
Another great thing about this wreath is its flexibility, so if you’re just too busy right now to find the time to make it you could always give a St. Patrick’s themed one a try!