Hi it’s Christine here to share a Valentine’s craft idea! I wanted to make a cute but simple Valentine’s wreath but my first attempt at the wreath involved a pink boa and it was an epic fail so I went to my craft closet and gathered up some new supplies to work with. Yes, I have a craft closet, much to my husband’s dismay, little does he know I aspire to someday have a craft room! I’m sure that’s a realistic goal since being a stay at home mom brings in the big bucks.
Here are the supplies I used:
- Straw wreath (what a mess this made, next time I will use something different)
- Felt scraps
- Hot glue gun
- big heart from AC Moore
- Wrap wreath in burlap, pin in place
- Cut out lots of felt hearts in various sizes depending on what you like (I wasn’t exact with this, just freehand)
- I played around with the hearts and kept adding/changing until I got a look that I liked, then I hot glued everything in place
- Glue a piece of ribbon or twine across the middle and glue little hearts all the way across
I currently have my wreath displayed on a hall table but it would be cute on some shelves or the door as well! Next up, working on Valentines for my kids’ classmates. I know it may seem as if I’m ahead of the game this year, but my baby boy is expected to arrive via c-section on February 12th so my hubby, baby and I will have a romantic Valentine’s day in the hospital! Can’t wait to have a new little Valentine to cuddle!